The System Administrator (SA) deploys and manages end user workstations, internal and external servers, and overall network operations.
The SA is responsible for managing and maintaining hardware, software updates & patches, backups, and making sure all systems are in compliance with client IT policies.
The System Administrator position works closely with the Director of Digital Solutions to set and enforce IT policy, manage internal and external infrastructure, and provide end user desktop support throughout the agency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all internal and external servers and workstations are patched on a timely basis.
• Maintain and test backups.
• Track and manage all deployed hardware assets including computers, tablets, phones, cameras and GPS devices.
• Maintain phone system, including provisioning new extensions and updating IVR menus.
• Track and manage software licenses.
• Provide end user desktop support.
• Provides input on infrastructure changes/improvements.
• Research and purchase hardware solutions for internal infrastructure and tours.
• Work closely with digital team, assisting in deployment of internal software releases.
• Maintain and updates firewall policy.
• Performs various service related functions as needed (e.g. attend client and internal staff meetings, prepare status reports, etc.)
• With Director of Digital Solutions, interface and collaborate with freelancers and outside vendors as needed; keep them informed on the status of jobs they are working on and ensure that the quality and workability of their deliverables meets the core objectives of the project.
• Manage user accounts.
• The SA’s input and decisions directly impact project and company profitability.
Education: Undergraduate degree, certification, or equivalent work experience.
Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience working as a system administrator, network admin, or equivalent position.
• Individual must be organized and a self-starter.
• Have a proactive management style; be punctual, responsible, and attentive to details.
• Exhibit good problem-solving abilities and be proficient in hardware diagnosis.
• Able to demonstrate ability to think critically; able to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
• Not afraid of putting in the over-time that may be required to get the job done.
• Be a team player.
• And most importantly have a positive, “get-it-done” attitude.
44 Soccer Park Road
Fenton, MO 63026