The Kerry Group is seeking candidates for a Tour Manager/Lead Driver position. Candidates will lead and execute a 9-month nationwide tour representing the largest brands in the automotive and heavy-Duty Engine Oil Industry. The tour starts on the west coast in February of 2018 and requires 100% travel throughout the US and Canada. This position requires non-traditional working hours including weekends and some holidays. Scheduling will be designed to provide appropriate breaks and off days.
Candidates should be familiar with and have a passion for the automotive and trucking industries. The Tour Manager/Lead Driver position is responsible for leading a two-man team, ensuring professional execution, maintenance of all equipment, and performance of all daily reporting and regulatory requirements. Candidates will be expected to utilize their expertise and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with professional drivers on a regular basis, delivering and discussing product technical knowledge in a clear, easy to understand format. Experienced Driver teams are preferred. If you already have a partner, please apply as a team.
Candidates must be self-motivated, proactive, solutions oriented, professional s above all else love being on the road!
The Kerry Group is a national brand activation agency that connects our clients directly with their target audiences. We take “experiential marketing” to a whole new level. We create personal, memorable interactions with consumers and trade partners designed to positively change preferences and behaviors. Our goal is to create brand engagements for our clients that last long beyond a single moment in time.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance always as an ambassador for the agency our client, and the stakeholders involved in the tour (public, media, sponsors, clients, venue management, local vendors, etc.)
- Operating a slide out tractor/trailer combination to, from, and between events in a timely and safe manner.
- Management of Driver/Partner and in market local event staff
- Compliance with all DOT regulations and reporting requirements and any client required safety procedures
- Conduct regular site checks to ensure the safety of staff, clients and visitors before, and during each event.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of our client’s products engaging with consumers during public and private events.
- Provide using daily communication with the assigned Project Manager any issues and opportunities, including but not limited to, safety, on-site execution, logistics, set-up, operation, vehicle and display cleanliness, condition and maintenance, and providing constructive feedback to improve the event execution
- Ensure the collection and timely reporting of event specific results including testimonials, event photos, and social media content
- General event & expense reporting – retain all receipts and file properly coded expense reports and time sheets in a timely and accurate manner
Requirements & Qualifications
- Prior mobile marketing tour experience and an ability to work in close quarters and maintain a team environment is a must
- Have a current CDL Class A license and have a clean driving record
- Be a self-starter with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Be sociable engaging, comfortable presenting and interacting with diverse audiences Proven ability to work closely with supervisor in receiving and interpreting event details and direction
- Demonstrate computer proficiency including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Proven ability to set-up, operate and trouble shoot equipment to conduct the event, including, generators, computers, tablets, sound system, monitors, interactive displays and other possible on-site challenges
- Be 21 years of age or older and can lift 50+ lbs.
44 Soccer Park Road
Fenton, MO 63026